Terms of Service
ShureNet ISP’s Acceptable Use Policy
2019 UPDATED TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Late Fee: If your account is 30 days past due, a email reminder message will be sent. You will have 10 days to send, or pay online. If your past due balance remains unpaid, you may be charged an applicable late fee in addition to your past due balance at ShureNET ISP’s then current rate. If your account remains unpaid your Services may be disconnected without notice. You can avoid incurring late fees by paying your monthly bill promptly. Any late fees assessed are not considered interest or penalties. ShureNET ISP expects that you will pay for Services on a timely basis. We highly recommend choosing the recurring payment option when paying online.
Current Late Fee Is: $15.00
ShureNet ISP’s Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) is intended to help enhance the use of the Internet by preventing unacceptable use. All users of ShureNet ISP’s Network/Internet services (the “Services”) those who access some of our services but do not have account (“Visitors”), as well as thos who pay a monthly service fee to subscribe to the Services (“Members”) must comply with this AUP. We support the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor use of the Services under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any Web site, electronic mail transmission, news group, or other material created or accessible over or through the Services, except for certain proprietary websites. We may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. ShureNet ISP may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or termination of either your access to the Services and/or your ShureNet ISP account or other actions as detailed in Section 3. By using the Services, you acknowledge that you and users that have gained access to the Services through your account, have read, understood, and agree to abide by the AUP.
VIOLATIONS OF SHURENET ISP’ ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
a. Illegal use. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
b. Harm to minors. Using the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
c. Threats. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
d. Harassment. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another.
e. Fraudulent activity. Using the Services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes,” “Ponzi schemes,” and “chain letters.”
f. Forgery or impersonation. Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited.
g. Unsolicited commercial email/Unsolicited bulk email. Using the Services to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature, are prohibited.
h. Unauthorized access. Using the Services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of ShureNet ISP’ or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of system or network or to breach security or authentication measures whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
i. Copyright or trademark infringement. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
j. Collection of personal data. Using the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
k. Reselling the services. Reselling the Services without ShureNet ISP’ written authorization.
l. Network disruptions and unfriendly activity. Using the Services for any activity, which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use ShureNet ISP Services or the Internet. This includes “denial of service” (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited. It is the Member’s responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Member may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Member may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner.
m. Unauthorized Monitoring. Using the Services for monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network is prohibited.
3. REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF SHURENET ISP’s AUP
ShureNet ISP requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to the Support Department, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If available, please provide the following information: • The IP address used to commit the alleged violation. • The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone. • Evidence of the alleged violation Email with full header information that provides all of the above. ShureNet ISP may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
• issue warnings: written or verbal
• suspend the Member’s account and access
• terminate the Member’s account and access
• bill the Member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
• bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations.
4. REVISIONS TO THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
ShureNet ISP reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, our Internet Service Agreement and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
SHURENET ISP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF USE, ETC., EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES BY USER. SHURENET ISP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR ACTUAL DAMAGES OF USERS, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SPECIFIED IN A WRITTEN OR ELECTRONIC AGREEMENT ENETERED INTO BETWEEN SHURENET ISP AND CUSTOMER. SHURENET ISP MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS HEREIN, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE SHURENET ISP NETWORK AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULIAR USE OR PURPOSE, THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND ANY OTHER WARRANTY IMPLIED BY LAW.
• the type of information about you that wisp collects through the Site and the App;
• how that information is collected;
• how that information is used;
• who will have access to that information; and
• wisp’ security measures for protecting that information.
As used herein, the term “personal information” means information that would allow someone to specifically identify you or contact you physically or online (e.g., your name, physical address, telephone
number, email address, social security number); and the term “non- personal information” means any information other than personal information that wisp may collect from you.
A Special Note About Minors.
The Site is a general audience website intended for use by
adults. Neither the Site nor the App is designed or intended to attract, and is not directed to, children under eighteen (18) years of age, let alone children under thirteen (13) years of age. wisp does not collect personal information through the Site or the App from any person it actually knows to be under thirteen (13) years of age. If wisp obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information through the Site or the App from a person under thirteen (13) years of age, then it will use reasonable efforts to refrain from further using such personal
information or maintaining it in retrievable form.
Furthermore, if you are under eighteen (18) years of age, then you (or
your parent or legal guardian) may at any time request that wisp remove content or information about you that is posted on the Site or the App. Please submit any such request (“Request for Removal of Minor Information”) to any one of the following:
By email: email@example.com, with a subject line of “Removal of Minor Information.”
For each Request for Removal of Minor Information, please state “Removal of Minor Information” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
the nature of your request;
the identity of the content or information to be removed;
whether such content or information if found on the Site or the App;
d. the location on content or information on the Site or the App (e.g., providing the URL for the specific web page the content or information is found on);
e. that the request is related to the “Removal of Minor Information;”
f. your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
g. whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
If you send a Request for Removal of Minor Information by mail, then please do so by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery and tracking. wisp will not accept any Request for Removal of Minor Information via telephone or facsimile. wisp is not responsible for failing to comply with any Request for Removal of Minor Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled or incorrectly sent.
Please note that the aforementioned removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of such content or information posted on the Site or the App.
Also, please note that wisp is not required to erase or otherwise eliminate, or to enable erasure or elimination of, such content or information in certain circumstances, such as, for example, when an international, federal, state, or local law, rule or regulation requires wisp to maintain the content or information; when the content or information is stored on or posted to the Site by a third party other than you (including any content or information posted by you that was stored, republished or reposted by the third party); when wisp anonymizes the content or information, so that you cannot be individually identified; when you do not follow the aforementioned
instructions for requesting the removal of the content or information; and when you have received compensation or other consideration for providing the content or information.
The foregoing is a description of wisp’ voluntary practices concerning the collection of personal information through the Site from certain minors, and is not intended to be an admission that wisp is subject to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule(s), or any similar international, federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
Categories of Information Collected.
wisp may collect personal and non-personal information about you through the Site and/or the App.
• Categories of Information Collected Through the Site and/or the App. The categories of personal and non-personal information collected from you through the Site and/or the App might include your:
• Name (first, last and/or middle) and unique identifiers (e.g., username);
• Login information for the Site and/or the App (e.g., username, password, security questions and answers);
• Home contact information (e.g., mailing address, email address, telephone number, fax number);
• Date of birth;
• Electronic signature;
• Billing, payment or shipping information (e.g., payor or payee name, checking account number, credit card number, expiration date, verification code, account holder name, cardholder name, billing address, mailing address, tax ID number, billing history);
• Business contact information (e.g., company, title, mailing address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number, tax ID number); and/or
• Computer, mobile device, and/or browser information (e.g., IP address, mobile device ID information, operating system, connection speed, bandwidth, browser type, referring/exist web pages, web page requests, cookie information, hardware attributes, software attributes);
• Third-party website, network, platform, server and/or application information (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
• Usage activity concerning your interactions with the Site, the App and/or third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications accessed through the Site and/or the App (e.g.,
number of clicks on a page or feature, amount of time spent on a page or feature, identity of third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers and applications being access
through the Site and/or the App);
• Usage activity concerning products and services provided to or accessed by you on or through the Site and/or the App (e.g., viewing habits, viewing preferences, viewing history, title selections, favorites, streams, downloads, demographics and closed captioning selections).
• Transactional information (e.g., offers, orders, pricing, payments, purchaser, seller, item information, shipping terms, comments, ratings, feedback and instant messages
and/or other communications made within or through the Site and/or the App);
• Information about third parties that you refer to wisp (e.g., name, email and/or other contact information, relationship);
• Information set forth in the Site’s and/or the App’s online account registration, subscriber profile, and/or subscriber directory forms completed by you; and/or
• Statements or content (e.g., comments, videos, photographs, images), and information about such statements or content, which you submit or publish on or
through the Site and/or the App, or which are accessed via your public or linked social media pages (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• Categories of Other Information Collected From Your Mobile Device. If you use your mobile device to visit, access or use the Site or the App, then additional categories of personal and non- personal information collected from you through the Site and/or the App might include:
• Your name associated with your mobile device;
• Your telephone number associated with your mobile device; o Your geolocation;
• Your mobile device ID information;
• With your express consent, your contacts and/or contact information (e.g., names, telephone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, photos) stored on your mobile device; and/or
• With your express consent, information about third-party software applications on your mobile device (including, without limitation, general software apps, downloadable software apps, social media apps).
Use of Information Collected.
wisp may use the personal and/or non-personal information it collects from you through the Site and/or the App in a variety of ways, such as, for example, to:
• Fulfill your requests;
• Process your payments;
• Facilitate your movement through the Site and/or the App
• Facilitate your use of the Site, the App and/or their respective products and/or services;
• Send you communications like, for example, administrative emails, answers to your questions and updates about the Site and/or the App;
• Provide you with information about wisp, ShureNET, and/or
their businesses, products and services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
• Provide you with information about third-party businesses, products and services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
• Improve the Site, the App and/or their respective content, features and/or services;
• Improve the products, services, marketing and/or promotional efforts of wisp;
• Create new products, services, marketing and/or promotions for wisp;
• Market the businesses, products and/or services of wisp;
• Help personalize user experiences with the Site, the App and/or
their respective products and/or services;
• Analyze traffic to and through the Site and/or the App;
• Analyze user behavior and activity on or through the Site and/or the App;
• Conduct research and measurement activities for purposes of product and service research and development, advertising claim substantiation, market research, and other activities related to wisp, ShureNET, the Site, the App and/or their respective
products and/or services;
• Monitor the activities of you and others on or through the Site and/or the App;
Place and track orders for equipment, service and other products
• Protect or enforce wisp’ rights and properties; and/or
• Protect or enforce the rights and properties of others (which may include you).
on your behalf;
wisp reserves the right to use your personal and non-personal information when:
• Required by applicable law, court order or other governmental authority (including, without limitation and by way of example only, in response to a subpoena or other legal process); or
• wisp believes in good faith that such use is otherwise necessary or advisable (including, without limitation and by way of example only, to investigate, prevent, or take legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, interfering with, or threatening the rights, obligations or properties of wisp, a user of
the Site [which may include you], a user of the App [which may include you], or anyone else who may be harmed by such activities or to further wisp’ legitimate business interests).
In connection with any transaction that you conduct through the Site and/or the App (e.g., the payment of any subscription fees, the purchase or sale of any products on or through the Site and/or the App), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to the transaction, including, without limitation, your credit card number and expiration date, your billing address, your shipping address, your phone number and/or your email address. By submitting such information, you grant wisp without charge the irrevocable, unencumbered, universe- wide and perpetual right to provide such information to third parties (e.g., payment processing companies, buyers on the Site and/or the App, sellers on the Site and/or the App) for the purpose of facilitating the transaction.
servers, and applications).
You may have the opportunity to access the Site and/or the App using your online user accounts with certain third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications, which may be subject to separate privacy policies pertaining to those third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications. wisp may also collect information from those third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications (such as, for example, your name, gender, date of birth and personal interests, when you “like” or click links provided by or through those third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers, or applications and other information available through your online account or page with those third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications). It is your responsibility to carefully read,
wisp implements security measures to help protect the personal information it collects through the Site and the App. For example, wisp encrypts the transmission of information through the Site by using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
Regardless of the foregoing, please observe that “perfect” or “100%” security does not exist on the Internet. Therefore, your access and use of the Site and/or the App, and your opening of any communications sent through or as a function of the Site and/or the App, are done at your own risk.
To help maintain the security of your personal information, wisp asks that you please notify it immediately of any unauthorized visit, access or use of the Site and/or the App, or the loss or unauthorized use of your user access information for the Site and/or the App (e.g., username or password).
Retention, Review, and Change of Information Collected.
You may request at any time that wisp provide you with an opportunity to review and change your personal information collected through the Site or the App or to no longer use your personal information to provide you with any products or services. Please submit any such request (“Request Concerning Personal Information”) to any one of the following:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of “Your Personal Information.”
For each Request Concerning Personal Information, please state “Your Personal Information” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
the nature of your request;
that the request is related to “Your Personal Information;”
your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email
d. whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
If you send a Request Concerning Personal Information by mail, then please do so by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery and tracking. wisp will not accept a Request Concerning Personal Information via telephone or facsimile.
wisp is not responsible for any Request Concerning Personal Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled, or incorrectly sent.
You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of your personal information, and for keeping your personal information current and correct.
Return & Refund Policy
You can cancel your service anytime! We offer a no contract internet service.
Return your equipment to us at our store location, then we will cancel your service either at the office, or by phone.
Once we receive your equipment, we will cancel service. We will notify you on the status of your refund after equipment is received.
We will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment).
You will receive the credit within 3-5 business days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
If you have any questions on how to cancel your service, please contact us at:
Store Locations Address
475 South Mclennan Dr.
Elm Mott, TX 76640